1. Training: Providing specialized training for Microsoft Access, tailored to different levels of users, from beginners to advanced developers, to utilize the existing code modules in the Help4Access Solution Building Block Library.
2. Support: Offering comprehensive support services for Microsoft Access database applications, including troubleshooting, maintenance, and enhancements.
3. New Development: Developing new, custom Microsoft Access database applications to meet specific business needs and requirements. New development will leverage the tested code modules in the Help4Access Solution Building Block Library.
4. Modernization: Upgrading and modernizing existing Microsoft Access applications to enhance performance, usability, and integration with other systems, as well as incrementally maturing them towards conforming to formal IT’s supported technologies and data architecture plans.
5. Migration: Assisting in migrating Microsoft Access databases to more advanced platforms, ensuring a smoother transition and scalability to on-premise, as well as off-premise cloud services such as Azure or AWS. We also offer monitoring of these systems.
6. Discovery & Assessment: Conducting thorough analysis and discovery processes to assess the current state of all database applications on a client’s network, identifying high-risk actors, calculating the level of complexity, and establishing a risk mitigation plan for strategic planning and budgeting.
7. Change Management: Implementing structured change management strategies for Microsoft Access applications, ensuring smooth transitions and adaptation to new processes or systems.
Each of these services is designed to ensure the effective and efficient use of Microsoft Access in various business contexts, providing clients with a range of solutions from development to migration and strategic planning.
While a client’s project is with us, we’ll incrementally modernize the application using Azure DevOps services for change control and leverage SharePoint for document control.
Internally, we use Azure DevOps services for source control, SharePoint for change management document control, and Teams for project management and communications. Externally, in our clients’ environments, we will adopt their policies and procedures or instantiate ours within their environment upon request.