Microsoft Access Migration Services – Tools & Frameworks
The most successful organizations inspire innovation across their organization, providing high productivity tools within a low-risk environment. It’s our mission at Help4Access to aid in this pursuit by guiding the development, modernization and migration of custom Microsoft Access database applications from inception into maturity.
Very few companies would want to immediately eliminate all their legacy database applications. The best results are achieved by focusing on modernizing and then migrating those select legacy database applications that are limiting business efficiency and agility. With our team’s extensive IT asset modernization and migration experience, coupled with our advanced tools and utilities, we’ve developed a proven 5-step approach to identifying all critical business applications and migrating them to Microsoft SQL Server, Power BI, PowerApps and into Microsoft Power Automate on Azure.
We have completed thousands of modernizations and migrations and have well over 100,000 hours of experience mastering the skills and perfecting our tools to work with every version of Microsoft Access, from Access 1.0 to Access 365.
- In large enterprise environments, a repeatable asset inventory and audit is highly recommended (Step 1 Discovery).
- In smaller workgroup environments, or when a specific mission-critical legacy access system has already been identified, then the Step 1 Discovery can be ignored.
- In organizations with an established and mature change management (CM) process adept at the unique complexities of promoting MS Access database applications into a production environment, then step 5 may also be out of scope for our team. Otherwise, we would propose a CM process which follows that documented in our whitepaper Help4Access – Microsoft Access Change Management using Azure DevOps©.
- The Help4Access – Microsoft Access MigrateAccess™ tool works best when the base system meets the best practices of the target technology, e.g., database normalized, high code reuse and stable business requirements just to name a few.
- The Help4Access – Microsoft Access MigrateAccess™ tool works best when the base system meets the best practices of the target technology, e.g., database normalized, high code reuse and stable business requirements, just to name a few.