Mr. Nakagawa is a senior Microsoft Access Developer, SQL Server DBA and Project Manager with Help4Access in San Diego, California, with more than 30+ years of experience within the manufacturing, education health care and retail industries.
Mr. Nakagawa is an expert MS Access Developer and his clients have high praise for his excellent communication skills and his ability to speak to all levels within an organization including the c-suite.
- Microsoft Access and Excel VBA
- Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS
- Expert SQL Query Writer
- Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse
- Project Management
- Documentation of IT Systems
- Facilitate discussion of IT Systems with non-technical clients
- Data Acquisition via ruggedized handheld computers, ie Honeywell and Symbol
- Email alerts with warnings/failures via T-SQL for database/network/job
- Eric Nastro, Emergency Department Assistant Medical Director at Northridge Hospital Medical Center – Consulting on Streamlining of Emergency Room Staffing.
- Chirotouch – Conversion via SSIS of Chiropractic Electronic Health Records (EHR) Practice Management Software from server based to cloud based.
- Glacier Water – End of Day/Week/Period Support of Custom Accounting System written in T-SQL and MS Access. Migration/Automation to Microsoft SQL Server of MS Access manual Daily Handheld Fix Errors System yielding 50% reduction in labor. Migration to Microsoft SSAS Cube for Sales from Hyperion Essbase. Developed T-SQL ETLs saving 2 hrs/ month of manual work for Service Stats Route Driver Quantitative. Metrics used for Annual Performance Review. Developed T-SQL ETLs for Hyperion Essbase saving 4 hrs/month of manual work.
- Niemeyer Dillon Law Firm – vb.net daily alert for non-pingable systems where email subject line indicates if more detailed error analysis is needed.
- Glacier Water
- Enhanced Operational Dashboard with new SSRS reports, prototype ready in a day.
- Lead architect for ruggedized handheld for 400 field workers.
- Facilitated Macola ERP implementation to 20 users of client’s Accounting, Manufacturing and Sales including customization for specific Sales needs and imports from other systems.
- Developed MS Access Ramp Reporting showing % growth each year by retail location. Used in web tool to evaluate new vending machine locations.
- Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence via Hyperion Essbase and Microsoft SSAS
- CEO, CFO and Financial Analyst self-generate reports, many for inclusion at Quarterly Board of Director’s Meetings.
- VP Sales, Analyst, and Field Sales Associates self-generate reports and paste Customer-specific Quarterly/Annual Data into PowerPoint.
- Pilot project for 100 vending machines to use telemetry/cell phones to call in status.
- Lead conversion of IT systems for acquisitions of AquaVend, PureFill, and Water Island.
- Government/Media Coordinator
- Assisted California Health Department in study and preparation of Water Vending Final Report.
- Presented study to Health Industry Council of National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA).
- Assisted CEO with television interviews during press conference by Environmental Working Group (EWG).
- Coordinated random testing of trihalomethanes (THMs) in California.
- Coordinated study by graduate student under Dr. Stenstrom of UCLA’s Department Environmental Engineering related to “Sanitization of Water Vending Machines”.
- New Frontier Technologies – handheld survey prototype for National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Stars To Go – Lead architect for video rental system for 5,000 retailers
- Fresno State University – Lead programmer for educational software on Apple computers and DEC PDP 11/45
- Finalist – Top Tech Awards in San Diego
- Guest speaker at various IT conferences
- Graphics – Compute! Magazine
- BS, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA
- MS, California State University, Fresno, CA